🔔 DING DING 🔔
That’s right – it’s time for another SEXY SKIRMISH and today we have two very strong contenders stepping into the arena! 🏆
I give you: ALONE Vs. WITH SOMEONE ELSE!
This is going to be a tough one, folks! I’m sure you’ll all agree that some of our most satisfying sexual experiences are with ourselves – even Amber Rose said it – and yet so many of us spend a huge amount of energy searching for that mysterious sex magic that gets conjured up when we do it with someone else. So which one is going to come out on top?!
As always, I’ll kick the battle off with some pro-and-con action. BUT I NEED YOUR INPUT! Use the comment section below to join the debate and let me know what you think!
Go on – show me your best moves! 😏
- Not sure what does it for you? There’s no better way to find out than through solitary exploration.
- Nobody can know what feels good to you better than you do! You have privileged access to the insider information and #skillz that others have to work for.
- Since you don’t need to explain anything to yourself, the wordless magic can just happen.
- Knowing what you like can give you the confidence to communicate your needs to a partner.
- No need to make sure anyone else is in the mood, ‘cause you know you’re ready to “strip you, dip you, flip you, bubble bathe you“!
- Orgasms release dopamine, endorphins and oxytocin – all the happy chemicals! And thanks to masturbation you don’t have to wait on anyone else to get your dose!
- Masturbation increases your libido. It acts as a positive upward cycle and helps you to nurture your sexual self.
- Masturbation can ease period cramps.
- Since you know yourself inside out (lol), quickies with yourself can be really quick.
- Rubbing one out is powerful (and easily administered) medicine for anyone suffering from insomnia.
- Masturbation is all about you! You have full permission to be selfish (in a good way) and tune into nothing but your own pleasure.
- Really focusing in on bodily sensations is like sexy mindful meditation.
- Exploring new sensations or erogenous zones on your own is a safe way to push your boundaries.
- It’s the one kind of sex that is 100% safe – no risk of pregnancy or catching an STI or STD. (Although make sure you keep your sex toys clean!)
- There are SO many sex toys to play with!
There are no cons to masturbation. It has “absolutely zero negative effects,” says Dr. Lauren Streicher, an Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern University and author of Sex Rx: Hormones Health And Your Best Sex Ever.
WITH SOMEONE ELSE
- There’s no denying that sex with yourself can be deeply satisfying, but WOW can it get mind blowing and magical when you throw another person into the mix with their pheromones, imagination, and desires.
- For control freaks like me, sex with someone else is the perfect opportunity to practice the art of letting go.
- Great partnered sex lets you slip out of the space time continuum for a brief instant and enter into another realm where a whole afternoon can slip by without you even noticing.
- Because of the chemicals released during sex, it can create a powerful bond between two people, or cement one that already exists.
- Partnered sex is a gateway to a human connection unlike any other.
- Sex with someone else is an adventure to another place.
- There are SO many toys to play with!
- Sex with someone else requires a bit more work than solitary pleasure as you need to communicate your wants and needs, as well as turn your focus outwards – at least for some of it! 😜
- You can’t always guarantee that you and your partner will be in the mood at the same time.
- If you’re having straight sex, there’s always the risk of pregnancy, and no matter what kind of sex you’re having, there’s always the risk of catching an STI or STD.
If we just went on tallying the score it would seem masturbation would come out on top (having absolutely NO cons as far as I can see), but if I’m being perfectly honest, I WANT IT ALL! Can’t there be two winners?!
Comment below and share your thoughts!
- Do you have a secret favourite?
- What do you love about going solo?
- Tell me about the most mind blowing experience you’ve ever had with someone else!
Photo: Daio Darius