It can be hard to know exactly what you’re looking for when shopping for a sex toy online. Luckily, you’ve got me to help you out! One of the perks of blogging for a sex toy company is I get to test all their toys! I’m here to give you all the hot gossip and insider info on IMTOY’s selection so that you can make the right choice!
I tried IMTOY’s classic vibrator – the sleek and sensual Giraffe!
- Brand: IMTOY
- Material: Silicone and ABS plastic
- Length: 6,3 in (16cm)
- Vibrations: 16 patterns
- Controls: Single button or app-controlled
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Charging: Magnetic USB
- Lubricant: Water-based
- Storage bag: No
- Waterproof: 100%
- Price: 79$ USD
If a marshmallow and a jewelry box had a baby, it would make the Giraffe’s powder-pink sturdy sleeve box. There’s a super cute illustration of a giraffe on the front, plump little feature icons on the back, and a slick diagram of the toy on the side. Personally I love this soft take on sex toy packaging. I want my sex toy experience to make me feel sensual and intimate from the word go – and this packaging certainly does!
Unboxing the Giraffe is a pleasure every time: Tug on a little ribbon to slide out the box, lift off a printed cover to reveal a carefully swaddled toy. Peel back the wrapping paper and there it is – the millennial pink Giraffe framed in black foam – with a matching pink magnetic charger cable to boot!
The box is so darn beautiful that I couldn’t bring myself to throw it out. Besides, in the absence of a storage bag, it’s the perfect place to keep my Giraffe.
In essence, the Giraffe is a thoughtful redesign of a classic. It has a gentle curve, a slender neck with a thicker tip, and a rose gold charging base. I’ll be honest, I find giant silicone dicks a little intimidating (what can I say? I’m not a girth-queen) so the petite, slender, ergonomic design of the Giraffe had me YAS-ing from the get go!
The Giraffe’s silicone is unlike anything I’ve ever felt. It’s so silky soft that I wouldn’t blame you if your fingers have a little orgasm just picking it up. It’s very light weight and sits comfortably in the palm of the hand. To power up, simply hold down the power button. The toy will give a little shudder and a blinking white light will come on. The light will keep blinking until you either connect the toy via Bluetooth to its app on your smartphone, or you press the button again to begin cycling through vibration modes. To switch off, simply hold down the power button.
The toy is rechargeable using a magnetic USB charger cable, which snaps to the rose gold base. Like all of the toys in the Zoo Collection, the Giraffe is 100% waterproof, and its ultra-soft silicone is dust proof too!
On the side of the Giraffe’s box there’s a QR code. You can scan it to download the Zoo app, but I found the app easily enough on the App Store with a simple search. Once it was on my phone, I made sure my Bluetooth was on. I powered up the Giraffe, then opened the app and tapped the little link icon in the top right hand corner to connect my vibrator. Simple as that!
The app gives you access to all kinds of extra features including:
- 16 vibration patterns: Using my phone to swap between patterns meant I didn’t have to cycle through them all using the power button to get to where I wanted to go. The app also unlocked patterns I couldn’t access without it.
- Draw your own vibration: Like a conductor guiding an orchestra, I tried my hand at doodling the perfect vibration sequence. TBH, my compositions weren’t as good as the ones the app has to offer, but maybe I’m just not a virtuoso like that.
- Shake function: When the shake function is on, any movement of your phone turns into vibrations in the toy. You know how people play air-guitar? Well I could picture it being kind of hot if a partner were to use the phone to air-wank, creating vibrations in the toy while I’m using it. Kind of like a When Harry Met Sally performance to push me over the edge. I have yet to actually try this though…
- Sync your vibrations to music or porn: Ooooo this one is fun! If you connect the app to your music library you can get your toy to vibrate to the beat of your favourite sexy beats. You can also import your favourite adult movies and sync your toy to the sexy action on the screen!
Voice vibration: The app accesses your microphone and turns any sounds it picks up into vibrations. Basically the more noise you make, the stronger the toy vibrates! I wrote a whole post about how to use this awesome function to get used to being more vocal in the sheets! Check it out here.
Bomb button: If you want to try edging, tap the bomb button, which switches to completely randomised vibrations. Not knowing what’s coming next really keeps you connected to your body and in the present.
- Orgasm button: If playing around with the bomb button has you on the edge of your seat and all you want now it to cum – and fast – then hit the orgasm button. It sends your toy soaring to the highest setting so you can cum in an almighty finale!
My top tips
- I like to use the Giraffe’s tip to direct intense focused vibrations on my clit when I want to come hard and fast.
- I start on the lower settings, which are very rumbly, and I stick with those until I can’t bear it anymore.
- When used as a penetrative toy, I find the Giraffe feels like a generous fill-you-right-up fingering.
- The tip curls right up to my G-spot, which feels incredible if I move the toy in and out.
- If I insert the toy and leave it there while I play with my clit, the whole “underground” network of my clitoris gets stimulated – particularly the two engorged bulbs either side of the vaginal entrance – and when I cum it’s like my whole pelvis explodes.